Overview of Full Spectrum CBD Oil
CBD, which stands for Cannabidiol, is a form of oil derived from the cannabis plant. It has possible health benefits of controlling and reducing inflammation, pain, and nausea. Full Spectrum CBD Oil is one of the most promising compounds for scientists and the medical community to study. They have been looking to figure out some of its therapeutic uses.
Some clarification regarding Cannabidiol (CBD) myths –
- CBD is non-intoxicating, which means it does not get you " high."
- It comes from hemp or cannabis plants.
- Used in research purpose to find potential anti-seizure and anti-inflammatory
- Indirectly interacts with cannabinoid receptors, i.e., CB1 and CB2.
- CBD is federally legal in certain parts of the world.
Two of the main compounds in marijuana are delta-9 tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and CBD. Respective compounds have different effects.
Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) was the best-known compound in cannabis as it is the most active constituent and has a psychological effect. It leaves a mind-altering "high" whenever a person smokes it or uses it for cooking purposes. The results are due to the breaking of THC molecules when a person applies heat and consumes it into the body.
The full-spectrum CBD, in contrast, is not psychoactive. Therefore, it does not cause any change in a person’s state of mind when used. However, it may produce significant changes in the body, showing some important medical benefits.
As there has been an increase in awareness about the possible health benefits of CBD oil, people are getting attracted to full-spectrum CBD. Here are some of the services which you should be aware of.
1. Approved to Treat Epilepsy: Dravet syndrome and Lennox-Gastaut syndrome are the two types of epilepsy that can be treated by an FDA-approved drug called Cannabidiol (Epidiolex) that contains CBD. The treatment has been approved for patients as young as two years old. Studies proved it was effective in reducing the size of seizures.
2. Anxiety: Though some further research is needed, a 2015 medical journal article looked at CBD and its effect on multiple anxiety disorders, including post-traumatic stress disorder, panic disorder, seasonal affective disorder, and generalized anxiety. The results supported it as a “strong evident” treatment of anxiety disorders with CBD and appropriate research and observation.
3. Alzheimer’s Disease: According to a 2014 rodent study, CBD might help people retain the ability to recognize familiar faces. Again in 2019, it was seen that Full Spectrum CBD could help slow the progress of Alzheimer’s disease; however, the appropriate dosage is yet to decide for better treatment.
4. Anti-inflammatory properties: CBD is considered a natural alternative in relieving stiffness and body aches regarding other conventional drugs. Many studies prove that the non-psychoactive compounds found in marijuana (i.e., CBD) could provide a more efficient treatment for chronic pain. Further research has also shown it can cure inflammation, and when applied to the skin as an ointment, significantly reduced scarring and inflammatory skin disease.
5. Fighting cancer: Adding CBD to chemotherapy drugs to improve the immune system for fighting back cancer treatment has always been under study by researchers. They are also looking if CBD might help:
- Reduce anxiety related to cancer cells.
- They are used for improvising the chemotherapy process.
- Stop the growth of cancer cells.
- Reduce the side effects caused by conventional chemotherapy.
How to use CBD?
There are many ways for our body to absorb full-spectrum CBD. Some of the relevant ways are given below.
- Topical Application – The external application of CBD in CBD creams and balms comes under topical application. Mixed with lotion, it enters the lower layers of your skin, absorbing the vitals and helps to relieve inflammation, aches, and body pains.
- Ingestion – This is where the absorption is done by consuming (via food like a CBD gummy). On the one hand, this method will give you full effects by absorbing entirely in the body’s digestive system; conversely, it can’t be unconsumed, forcing you to face the side effects (if it causes any).
- Vaping – It is a beneficial way for the consumers to combine in their interest of flavors. Also retaining the fast-acting benefits of CBD, the flavors make it hard to resist the charm of good vape juice. Hence you have got a tremendous and lasting recipe for wellness.
- Orally – This has been the traditional way of CBD purists for consumption. It’s in the form of typical drops from a CBD oil tincture. The benefit of this method is it can be fast-activating; it can also be a great addition to any of your smoothies or drink and still provide maximum body absorption.
Pros and Cons-
Pros of CBD Oil: There are many excellent pros to using CBD, as mentioned above, but the U.S. FDA has approved full spectrum CBD as a derived medication, prescription drug product used seizure causing disorders, and severe form of epilepsy. While there’s no further solid scientific evidence to other health conditions which are treatable with the help of CBD but is under constant research and till now has been promising for the issues like anxiety, panic, and obsessive-compulsive disorders.
Cons of CBD Oil: Since the amount of THC found in full-spectrum CBD are at low quantities of less than 0.3%, which is technically relatively insignificant. But the after-effects depend upon person to person, as experts claim that a small amount isn’t strong enough to have any psychoactive effects, but one shouldn’t rule out those possibilities. In addition, some mild after-effects of sedation can be felt in a weaker person.
Top manufacturers of CBD Oil (U.S Based)-
|Company||Headquarters||Estimated Annual Revenue|
|1. MedicalMarijuana||Poway, CA||$59.8 million|
|2. CV Sciences||San Diego, CA||$48.2 million|
|3. Gaia Herbs||Brevard, NC||$45.7 million|
|4. Charlotte’s Web||Boulder,CO||$17.7 million|
|5. CBDistillery||Denver, CO||$13.9 million|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
One must go to a professional before using CBD, as they will suggest how much CBD to be taken by knowing your medical history.
The most common sign of CBD is drowsiness, so it is suggested to use it before bedtime.
Shop carefully, as full-spectrum CBD is unregulated mainly in the US. We should avoid the process of vaping.
CBD oil has proven to reduce anxiety and treat patients who are suffering from insomnia. In addition, many people with chronic pain have also found relief with the help of CBD oil.
CBD is a sleep-friendly oil; it helps in reducing insomnia and gives restless sleepers sound sleep.
CBD is applied topically, i.e., with the help of lotion or balms. It starts working miraculously within 15 to 45 minutes of application.
Although side effects are rarely witnessed, some can feel drowsiness, nausea, dry mouth, change in appetite, and dizziness.
Per day dosage of anywhere between 20 to 1500 milligrams is safe to use.